Leadership & Management
This course is for new managers and those wishing to reappraise their capability in leading and managing.
Knowing when to lead and when to manage is a key capability for new managers and this requires some time and effort to understand. Spending the time learning these new skills will be worth it for you and will enable you to start your role with the best possible chance of success. Having the knowledge and understanding of when to direct your team, or individuals within it, and when to support them is fundamental to successful results, regardless of your business or work focus.
Having responsibility for others means that sometimes we need to manage and be more directive while other situations, different tasks or with different people we may need to be more supportive and take a leadership role.
Understanding when to direct and when to support is a critical aspect of successful line managers/leaders skill set.
Matching your style to the needs of your people results in effective communication and ultimately results!
In this course will review the different tasks involved in management and leadership.
It introduces the concept of adapting your style between directive and supportive behaviour to get the best out of your people.
What you will learn:
- Understanding the difference between managing and leading
- Identifying personal strengths and limitations in managing and leading
- Be able to adapt task and people behaviour to engage effectively with others
- Apply understanding in practical work-based situations
- Use this learning to reflect and re-appraise self and strengths